Hello parents, teams, and coaches!
The USAT team hopes you had a wonderful return to the competition on Friday. The program benefits from feedback, but did you know that having your students reflect on how the Meet went as a group can be a powerful team-building tool? If you are looking for something to do at your next practice, here are a few questions that you can use at any time to get the conversation going about Mind Sprint challenges.
- Describe Mind Sprints you’ve done before.
- If you could change any of the rules from a Mind Sprint you did, what would you change?
- What skills did someone need in order to do well in each Mind Sprint?
- Did any of the challenges remind you of things you’ve done before?
- If you could design your own Mind Sprint challenge, what would it be? How would you want to score it?
- DIVE DEEPER: Why not give it a try? Give your students 30 minutes to design a Mind Sprint of their own. They may not finish, but it’s fun to think about how to design one!
Do you have anything you want the USAT staff to know about Round Robin 1? Leave us a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.